Sunday, January 31, 2010

Issues

So much to do. Right now I am looking at:
  • How to create a listening library for students. Naxos was recommended. I'd like a service that I can add content (like iTunes). Should I use iTunes?
  • Recording the group. I'm looking at Legacy to do this work.
  • We need to decide on a trip. Even a day trip. First I need the kids to work. Hard.
  • Curriculum, way behind, but gaining. Doing this from scratch.
  • Starting mini-performances for 4th and 5th graders. They will be going into classes to show basics of their instrument and to play a few tunes.
  • 1st annual state elementary honors choir is coming. Still no music or info received...
Talked with a former director of this school at All-States this weekend. Left in 2001. he had certainly done the work. We agree where the issues are. Now what?

The kids are learning more than they realize. I hope they are ready for a big push. We must move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment